News:

The Codes Banner is available! Check the announcements.

Main Menu

Favourite pedal ?

Started by Sam Burnside, April 20, 2007, 03:07:05 PM

Sam Burnside

Personally i only have two but it's got to be cry baby, i just love it! I've been tempted to buy a mark tremonti wah pedal but decided not to, anyone got any idears on what i should get for my next one ?

Will

Burny, I love to keep it simple. Performance is more important than equipment and things often go wrong with fancy equipment (Especially live). However, I do like my Cry Baby Wah Pedal.

Sam Burnside

yeh fair point but you can do some pretty mind blowing things with effects, take david gilmore for example he makes some amazing sounds with pedals which sound in no way artificial.

Cem

mega distortion all the way!

bit of wah is nice yeh, but use it conservatively.

Fergal

Envelope Filter!

=Instant Funk!

If I was rich I'd probably say a Q-Tron was my favourite, but unfortunately I've never had a chance to try one. Out of the ones I've tried the T-Wah on the Boss SYB-3 is the nicest (Beating Ahsdown, Boss AW-3 and Digitech Bass Synth Wah). Though when  my ME-6B arrives I'll probably like the Dynamic Filters on that more (has a "dirty" mode :D).
FergalPlace: It's like MySpace except you're not allowed to be my friend.

smallo

i tend to use a pedal that doesnt work. that effect gives an original and very natural guitar sound. I like that very much! chris

warner

Quotemega distortion all the way!

bit of wah is nice yeh, but use it conservatively.

Fall of Troy it up Cemathan.
Enter Shikari lover

Cem

Fall of Troy it up Cemathan.

next jest.

Jake Herra

Boos Loop Station.
Its mega.
Im gonna get one. But then I'll ned a new pedal board.

Fergal

QuoteBoos Loop Station.
Its mega.
Im gonna get one. But then I'll ned a new pedal board.

You thinkin' of getting the stompbox one or the double pedal?
It would be cool to just trigger off whatever synth or beat machine you recorded earlier, but I don't know if I would feel like I were cheating if I did it on stage...
FergalPlace: It's like MySpace except you're not allowed to be my friend.

MattDaly

I want a Memory Man delay pedal. Its a gorgeous analogue delay. Razorlight used it on 'America'.

Either that or a Boss DM-3  ::)
When we laugh indoors the blissful tones bounce off the walls.

lozlocharlton

Quotei tend to use a pedal that doesnt work. that effect gives an original and very natural guitar sound. I like that very much! chris

Am i being a complete tw** here and please tell me if i am.. but if the pedal doesn't work nd gives a natural sound then surely just using the guitar without the pedal would give it an even more natural sound? im so confused. if it doesn't work.. why do u even get it out! I know im being a right idiot and theres probably some underlying musical term hidden in the text of which i do not understand.. please explain.. and since when do u play the guitar!??

From lozlo lobster :)
xx Lobster xx