News:

The Codes Banner is available! Check the announcements.

Main Menu

Download Mirror

Started by monkey56657, November 29, 2007, 12:28:24 PM

monkey56657

Hello again.

I just wrote a little thing about you on a website I'm working on currently after listening to your songs again today.

I just wanted to check If it was okay for me to post a download mirror for the song "Paint the town" hosted on my server....Since I see no legal text about the distribution of files. Of course you'll be getting a few clicks from the page anyway but I thought I best ask.

You can read what I put and things here.
Jon - Monkey56657

monkey56657

Hey I was just testing your comment form on http://fergal.thecodes.co.uk/ and its quite insecure. See my comment has no message...also check in the DB there is no message...So it can be tricked...and even worse things done...theoretically it could be manipulated to remove all data from the db.

@Fergal: MSN me and ill explain how you can make it secure.... 
Jon - Monkey56657

Fergal

Sure you can mirror it, thanks for checking. I figured since the guys put the songs on MySpace before I got a chance to figure out a legal thing there would be zero point trying to do it after that, apart from the weak little content © thing at the bottom of the site.
I don't think any amount of linking can save this site. Everybody is sold on MySpace and I'm the only one who tries to keep it up to date and nobody tells me what's happening any more.

Yeah I know mysql_real_escape_string() , I just forgot all about updating that ye olde site nobody looks at. I wrote that comment thing as my first PHP project ages ago, thanks for reminding me about it.
FergalPlace: It's like MySpace except you're not allowed to be my friend.

monkey56657

Okay Thanks...

I created this function for the job...works with arrays as well.

function mres($i){
if (!get_magic_quotes_gpc()){
if (is_array($i)){
foreach($i as $k => $v){
$i[$k] = mres($i[$k]);
}
return($i);
}else{
return(mysql_escape_string($i));
}
}else{
return($i);
}
}

Then you can just do

$_GET = mres($_GET);
$_POST = mres($_POST);

lol...shouldnt be turning this into a PHP topic should I  ::)
Jon - Monkey56657

Fergal

Why ever not! It's not like we'll be interrupted!

Ooh calling a function from within itself, classy! With most stuff I've written lately I've found I've turned most of the dangerous characters into html entities before I start escaping them. I just run everything through an old sqlprep function, it could do with some tidying up...

Oh looking at your site, very smart. Where'd you find the time to make your own board? Mind you, sometimes I think writing a new board would be faster than deciphering SMFs templates...

I've wanted to change this whole overpowering black and grey thing for ages, but can't be arsed to figure it all out again. Sure there's a style sheet, but half the stuff's unaffected by it.
FergalPlace: It's like MySpace except you're not allowed to be my friend.

monkey56657

QuoteOoh calling a function from within itself, classy!

'Recursive Function' is its title.

QuoteWhere'd you find the time to make your own board?

If it was for just me then I wouldn't have bothered but it's actually for someone else. Still not getting paid for it though  :'(

QuoteI just run everything through an old sqlprep function, it could do with some tidying up...

I convert the < and > to html entities but leave the rest...It can just make it messy when you develop a form for editing the data.

Quotesometimes I think writing a new board would be faster than deciphering SMFs templates...

I can provide a copy of the code for my board...buts its still in development and maybe buggy. Will also require some editing to get it working on a different host but nothing major. Most of my board can be edited in CSS...as you saw with the PINK DAY. The only changes there were images and css with 2 lines in one of the main files to replace any instances of #006699 and others with pink versions. Luckily though the WS site used to be SMF as well so there are some basic scripts to transfer the data.

QuoteSure there's a style sheet, but half the stuff's unaffected by it.

Research output buffering. You can use it to change inline styles easily.

Jon - Monkey56657